Economic justice simply means creating a thriving economy by empowering thriving community members. Programs and policies that promote this Win-Win scenario include:
- job training and inclusive recruitment for in-demand jobs, including those in new energy industries.
- social safety nets like health insurance, unemployment insurance, and career transition services.
- removing systemic barriers through increasing the availability of affordable housing, safe public transit, childcare for working parents, and paid family leave.
- engaging community members in identifying obstacles and solutions.
- identifying and removing barriers based on race, gender, national origin, physical/mental ability, religion and other identities and experiences.
- regularly evaluating the effect of economic activity on the sustainability of people and the planet. Short-term profits need to be weighed against the need for long-term economic viability.